Background of the FCA
The Foundation for Community Advancement is a reputable not-for-profit Organization established in 2016 as an umbrella and coordinating body of activities of all registered under The Societies Registration Act 1860. FCA(Foundation for Community Advancement) is based in Bahawalpur (South Punjab), Pakistan, comprising of professionals (Doctors, Social workers, Educationists) as well as grass-root workers.
To provide public health and safety interventions across the nation through evidence based advocacy, empowerment of members, innovative programming, organizational development and behavior change communication
Our broad objectives
- Promote health sector research for sustainable health development outcomes.
- Empower member organisations to deliver standard public health services in communities.
- Provide a forum for NGOs/CBOs in the health sector to carry out evidence based advocacy and campaigns.
- Support our members to carry out social and behavior change communication interventions to influence healthy life styles among people in rural community and positive policy influence, and
- Improve quality health for all by educating and reaching hard to reach communities.
FCA is presently addressing the following issues
- Provision of primary health care services.
- Awareness raising in community through literacy programs.
- Eyecare services.
- Communicable & non Communicable Diseases.
- Promotion of hygienic health practices
- Community development and organization into CBO'S.
- Community motivation.
- School health and Nutrition Program
- Mother and Child Health Care.
- Disaster Management and Rehabilitation.
- Research and Innovation.
Prices of Hepatitis-C drugs
TB and poverty are closely linked
HIV, AIDS patients surge feared
We have policy making and management structure as a national umbrella Health CSO. The highest decision making body is annual general meeting (AGM). This body mandates the Board of trustees (BOT) to act on their behalf after AGM. There is a management structure (National Secretariat), which implements the decisions and policies of the AGM/BOT.